Thursday, May 1, 2008

When You Wish Upon a Star...

I may have been able to resist the evils of Walmart's huge sphere of control, but in Disney's I can not. Wilfully submitting to the idea of fairy tales and theme parks for good may have been given a bad rap, but the songs and perfect hair can't help but draw me into a cloud of bliss.
Perhaps an exposure during early childhood is the reason I know every song and can proudly belt them at the top of my lungs. When I am sick there is nothing I would rather watch to comfort me. I am even willing to brave the hordes of screaming children and sweating parents in the fine city of Orlando for an experience catered to four-year-olds.
Something inside everyone causes the inevitable attraction to the billion dollar industry. This may be a subconscious impulse which is carefully beaten into submission, but sooner or later it can't help but shine through. I only hope it's not Hannah Montana.

No comments: