Friday, May 9, 2008

B-A-NA-NA-S

I think if I were an animal, I would pick gorilla. As a gorilla, you are king/queen of the jungle. One tap of the chest with your fist sends even the fiercest predator running. Who could resist the temptation to glide along on your knuckles?
Jenny of the Dallas Zoo is the oldest gorilla in captivity. She turned 55 this week and celebrated with a 4-layer frozen fruit cake and banana leaf treats. Obviously, life in captivity would not be terrible either. I would demand a gorgeous habitat and little else. There would be no need for entertainment, because the best way to occupy my time would be to play hide and seek with the kids behind the glass...or picking bugs off my neighbor.
Lions, tigers, and bears may get all the attention, but the real beauties of the wilderness are the gorilla.

No comments: